Made weak by time and fate,
but strong in will;
To seek, to strive, to find, and not to yield.

Side Note:
The fork. or Also known as "A Dingle-hopper" Reminds me of one who not only had amazing hair (that I would pretend I had as I swam in our pool as a young girl) but also for me represents a young woman who loved learning about everything and anything. Who pushed past barriers and boundaries to find her place in this world. In this industry education is key and you are always always learning. Everyday! And with that requires perseverance to reach goals. The industry of beauty is all about testing, pushing and surpassing barriers and boundaries. This industry is truly SWEET!!!!

Monday, October 27, 2008

Update

Nothing too exciting has been going on, but here are some pics of a few of our activities and such.


Here is sweet Brock,
(aka: Trouble) with his favorite binky's. Why are they his favorite... they're the only ones he has left. Once these are gone whether lost or visited by the scissor monster (that's our little secret! When we find a binky lying around, we clip a little hole in the top so there is no happy suckling and then put it back where it was momentarily forgotten. When he comes back to it, he finds it's not working. He brings it to us and we say, "Oh no! It's broken. Go throw it in the garbage." And he does. Thus creating a situation where we're not taking it away. He's having to "let go" of the binky himself. NO MORE BINKY!!!! Yes, there is a period of being upset at bedtime but it is short lived. We just remind him that he has to throw it away because it was broken and it's "all gone". This works with kids attached to their bottles too.
Moving On.......
Here is a fun little thing I did a few weeks ago. I blinged this cute onsie I found on clearance at Target (LOVE TARGET) and these hecka cute shoes. You can't really see in the pic, but the stones are placed in the middles of the hearts that cover the top of the shoes.


The same day I did these beauties for myself. I needed some bling flips that would go with my gold toned jewelry. The buttons you see belonged to my Grammy Bates'. She had what we called "the button box" which was a tin that was filled with all sorts of buttons. We loved to dump the whole tin out and sort through all the treasures. When she passed away, I wanted that button box. Unfortunately, so did my aunt, but I did get just a pinch of her sewing stuff, and one of the things among some spools of thread, a few thimbles, needles and a taped together again measuring tape, were these buttons. With them I started my own button box. So between the 3 hours it took me to decide on my stone pattern, I decided I wanted to used my special buttons too.
I ALSO ....................................

Taught 2 of my sister in law's how to make tutu's.
My sister in law's Shauna and Denise and I watched the Relief Society Women's conference together. After, I showed them the baby tutus I had made. Shauna loved them and I told her how I wanted to make one for myself for Halloween. She was way excited about that idea and said, " I wanna be a fairy and have a tutu too! Will you help me?"
Of course I was only too happy to teach her and Denise how to make them.
This really adorable blue, black and shimmer gray is Shauna's fairy tutu.
I'll be sure to get a pic of her all fairyed out on Halloween.





This cute number was made by Denise for her grand daughter McKenna.




And here is the "Bumble Bee" Tutu I made for my niece Izzy busy bumblebee. (That's what we call her)
I also found the cutest wings for her.
I can't wait to post a pic of her all bee'd out for trick or treating.









Here is Miss Izzy herself getting cleaned up after eating one of Brock's birthday cupcakes.




Mr. Brody also enjoying a cupcake. Well, more like enjoying the frosting. This is his second cupcake which I totally encouraged. There were a ton of cupcakes!
He was too cute about it!



BROCK RYAN TURLEY 2 YRS OLD
Cupcake face and all.

Happy Birthday Brockers!

All the cousins and friends who came to play at the park with Brock. (Left to right: Bryce sitting on his sister- McKenzie's lap, Brock, Izzy sitting on JJ's lap, Avery, and Brody.)
Thanks for coming and playing with us!!!!


Me and my favorite calling.
Here is a pic I took at our last Primary meeting as a presidency.
Left to right: Wendy Echols-1st councilor, Me- Secretary, Lori Call-2nd councilor, and Jenny Stewart- President.
I love these women so much and I'll miss not getting to have our monthly meetings and our lunches together. Poor Wendy and Lori were told the morning of the primary program that they were going to be released! SO THE WRONG TIME!! They cried/teared through the whole program. I guess it was a blessing that I was told early on. If I had been told the same time as the others, there would have been not just tears but full out sobbing, and that would have been uncontrollable! Jenny got to keep her calling, but I told Lori that the 3 of us will just all have to sit together in Relief Society. She liked that idea.

2 comments:

It's all Good- The Allen Fam said...

cute pictures..and I can't believe you put those old buttons on flip flops...( don't loose them)..
I love the pic of you and Brock it's so cute, can I have a copy? Love ya

Dave'sWife@{thediaryofdaveswife} said...

LoVe aLL tHe CuTe BaBy GiRl StUff {i Am tOtaLLy gOnnA mIss oUt oN at LeAst fOr this RounD}!